JOpt.J2EE is a tour optimization component that uses specialized memetic algorithms to calculate an optimized allocation of orders and stops to mobile resources. The algorithm not only provides tours at minimum costs but also considers an arbitrary set of constraints for each tour. You may define your own constraints and optimization goals in order to customize JOpt.J2EE to your specific planning needs or you decide to use one of our best practices addons in order to achieve a fast application of our optimization algorithms in selected industries.
JOpt.J2EE can solve nearly any problem that can be classified by one of the following types:
- TSP - Travelling Salesman Problem. JOpt.J2EE finds the shortest or fastest path for your mobile resources
- VRPTW - Vehicle Routing Problem with Time Windows- like TSP but for a set of vehicles. JOpt.J2EE finds an optimal allocation of orders and stops within a vehicle fleet considering various constraints for vehicles, drivers and stops.
JOpt.J2EE functionality can be completely accessed via standard SOAP interfaces and fits seamlessly into modern service oriented architectures (SOA). Thus ERP software developer may integrate the JOpt.J2EE component into their system landscape in order to offer their customers a consistent solution including optimziation of mobile workforce schedules. A seamless integration into your software allows the look and feel of one piece of software for your customer.
- tour optimization component for solving various planning problems
- flexible memetic algorithms for quick adoption to your specific needs
- available Best Practices addons for different industries
- fully J2EE compliant component for quick and easy deployment
- seamless integration with enterprise service architectures throughout standard SOAP interfaces
- unlimited number of vehicles and stops
- scalable up to nearly any performance and availability requirements
- allows for multiple time constraints at tour stops
- includes driver working times and working time rules
- includes load capacity for each vehicle
- allows prescribed itinerary (e.g. pick up & devlivery)
- supports vehicle types and equipments
- includes driver's attributes or skills
- plans closed and open routes
- automatically determines overnight stays for long routes/ long servicetimes
Demo & Trial Version
For evaluation purposes you can access JOpt functionality either via webservices hosted on our servers or you retrieve and deploy a copy of JOpt.J2EE component into a J2EE compliant application server of your choice.
- to get a free trial and evaluation copy please register here
- to get a free demo access to our hosted webservices please register here
- to run a sample applet please click here
Technical Specification / Licence
JOpt.J2EE can be deployed into any J2EE compliant application server, such as Oracle AS (recommended), JBoss, Websphere, Netweaver or Weblogic. These standards ensure the inherent use of persistent data management, load balancing and runtime performance optimization. Simple and seamless integration into existing software frameworks using J2EE standard webservice interfaces. Ready for use in service orientated architectures.
Further Documentation and Licence information can be found here: